The votes are in — Seattle Proposition 1 has passed! 62% of voters approved the seven-year, $123 million property-tax levy, sending a clear message about the importance of our libraries. Here are some of the benefits for the Library:
· Service hours will be restored
· Collections will be rebuilt
· Computers will be upgraded
· Buildings neglected after four years of city budget cuts will receive maintainance
· In 2013, library branches that are now closed on Sundays will reopen
· Staff will no longer have to take a week-long, unpaid furlough
Thanks to voters and volunteers for your support! Visit your local branch to find out more about how levy funds will make a difference.